While You Wait for Your Appointment
If you are in need of emergency assistance, and it is between the hours of 8am – 5pm on Monday through Friday, you can walk in to the University Counseling Center or call us at 850.644.TALK(8255). If you are having an emergency and it is after our regular business hours, please call the 2-1-1 Big Bend hotline by dialing 211 or call the Florida State University Police Department Crisis Management Unit at 850.644.1234.
If you are not having an emergency, here are some suggestions for what to do while you wait for your counseling appointment:
- Use some Relaxation Techniques to Cope w/Stress or Anxiety
- Develop a Healthy Sleep Routine
- Schedule a One-on-One Session with a RENEW Peer Educator to Work on Time Management, Study Skills, Test-Taking Anxiety and Stress Management
- Brush up on your Wellness Skills
- Watch some of the UCC’s YouTube videos
- Peruse the UCC’s Facebook page or Twitter updates
- Read through our Self Help webpage
- Test Your Mood with our free, anonymous online mood assessment
- Peruse Happify, a website with a research-based approach to improve happiness or SoulPancake, a website with uplifting and thought-provoking videos and articles.