While You Wait for Your Appointment
If you are in need of emergency assistance, and it is between the hours of 8am - 4pm on Monday through Friday, you can walk into Counseling & Psychological Services or call us at 850.644.TALK (8255). If you are having an emergency and it is after our regular business hours, please call the Florida State University Police Department Crisis Management Unit at 850-644-1234 or 211 Big Bend hotline.
If you are not having an emergency, here are some suggestions for what to do while you wait for your counseling appointment:
- Use some Relaxation Techniques to Cope w/Stress or Anxiety
- Develop a Healthy Sleep Routine
- Schedule a One-on-One Session with a RENEW Peer Educator Topics Include: Time Management, Study Skills, Test-Taking Anxiety and Stress Management
- Brush up on your Wellness Skills
- Peruse Counseling & Psychological Services Social Media! Facebook, Instagram, Twitter - @FSUCounseling
- Peruse Happify, a website with a research-based approach to improve happiness or SoulPancake, a website with uplifting and thought-provoking videos and articles.